Coastline College complies with the provisions of the Family Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (Buckley Amendment), which gives the student the right to see the official school record and restricts distribution of those records.
Lifetime transcripts of academic work completed at Coastline College will be maintained by the college and sent to any college or university upon written request from the student.


Requesting Official Transcripts from Coastline


The first two transcripts are free. A $5 fee is charged for additional transcripts.

Internet Request: Service fee will vary on location of student and rush fees (if requested).

For questions regarding the status of your request, email


Submitting College Transcripts to Coastline


Students who wish to have an official Academic Plan generated for a degree at Coastline, or plan to graduate from Coastline, must mail all official college (from every college attended) and military transcripts to:

Coastline Community College
Military/Contract Transcripts
11460 Warner Avenue
Fountain Valley, CA 92708

Official electronic transcripts may be submitted to Coastline by participating institutions. Please have the college send official transcript(s) directly to, with the intended recipient noted as Kimlan Nguyen, or Coastline Community College; transcripts sent from the student, or with the intended recipient as the student, will be considered unofficial.
Students can check the receipt of official transcripts on their MyCoast unofficial transcript. Please allow 2-3 weeks from date of request for mailing and processing time.
For questions regarding incoming college transcripts, e-mail

Unofficial Transcripts and Grades


Students can access their grades and unofficial transcripts from the MyCoast portal. Grades are posted approximately four to six weeks following the end of the course. Students will receive a personal announcement on their MyCoast Military/Corporate Home tab informing them that a grade has been posted.
Posting of College and Military Credits


College and military credit is applied to a student’s permanent record after an official degree plan has been completed and during the conferral process for graduation.
If you have sent new official college or military transcripts that have not been posted to your Coastline transcript, please submit the Request for Degree Progress Update Form, for the new coursework to post to your record.

Foreign Transcript Policy


Students will need to obtain a detailed, official evaluation of their foreign credits from one of the evaluations services listed on the NACES site.
Although agencies charge a fee for the service, the expense is usually much less than repeating the courses at an American institution of higher education. Coastline will accept the official evaluation and will count the credit/semester hours and/or degrees toward the student's educational program as appropriate.