Academic Planning

The Ben Hundall Memorial Trust has partnered with Coastline to provide an online solution to your educational goals. Students can select from over 30 degree programs and upon completion of all requirements, can earn an Associates Degree.

Transfer College Coursework

Coastline will accept transfer credit for courses successfully completed at regionally accredited institutions of higher education as documented on an official college transcript. Transfer courses will be reviewed for applicability to degree requirements and will be used as appropriate. Non-degree applicable courses (i.e. development math or English), will not be transferred.

Experiential Learning

Students may earn a maximum of 40 units through experiential learning, including American Council on Education (ACE) credit recommendations, College Level Examination Program (CLEP), DANTES Subject Standardized Test (DSST), and Advanced Placement towards degree requirements in similar subject areas.

Once you have met with your BHMT Career Counselor and verified eligibility into the program, your next step is to request your official Academic Plan - which outlines your path to degree completion. Students are expected to complete their official Academic Plan before they will be eligible to enroll into their 3rd session

3 Steps to Receiving your Official Academic Plan:

  • Enroll in a Coastline course
  • Submit official college transcripts from every college attended, if applicable
  • Contact the counseling department by emailing or by calling 714.241.6162 to schedule an appointment to have a degree plan prepared.  Please include your name, student ID, program, major, as well as the days and times that work best for you.

You will develop your degree plan with your counselor.  Your DegreeWorks program audit will be emailed to you soon after the appointment. 


Degree Works

DegreeWorks is Coastline's online academic advisement tool that helps you:

  • Track progress toward completion of your associate degree
  • Confirm how your current courses apply to your graduation requirements
  • Determine how changing your major will affect your graduation date with the "What If"feature*
Want to view your DegreeWorks Degree Audit?

Make sure you have completed all the steps above and have an official Academic Plan, and then following the following:

  • Log into MyCoast
  • Select the My Education Plan link (on the left)
  • Click on the DegreeWorks link
  • Your degree audit will automatically load

Need help navigating DegreeWorks? Watch the DegreeWorks Tutorial.


Requesting Updates and Major Changes

DegreeWorks updates your degree audit automatically when you register for a new course, so you will always know what requirements you have fulfilled.


If you wish to change your major or have additional coursework applied to your official record from new and/or updated official transcript(s), please contact the counseling department by emailing or by calling 714.241.6162 to schedule an appointment. Please include your name, student ID, program, major, as well as the days and times that work best for you.

Note: Major change requests may affect your eligibility for tuition assistance or financial aid. Please speak with your education office or Coastline's Financial Aid department for more information.

Unofficial Evaluation

An unofficial evaluation can help you determine what classes to take in order to receive a Coastline certificate or degree and show how your prior coursework will fit into a Coastline certificate or degree.  

*To Receive your Unofficial Evaluation*:

Please email your unofficial college transcripts to and indicate your desired major.  An unofficial evaluation will be prepared and emailed to you within 3 - 4  weeks. *The unofficial evaluation is subject to change upon receipt of official transcripts and review by an authorized counselor or evaluator.