Coastline College complies with the provisions of the Family Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (Buckley Amendment), which gives the student the right to see the official school record and restricts distribution of those records. Lifetime transcripts of academic work completed at Coastline College will be maintained by the college and sent to any college or university upon written request from the student.

Requesting Official Transcripts from Coastline

The first two transcripts are free. Additional transcripts are $5 each.

For questions regarding the status of your request, email:

Submitting Official Transcripts

Students who wish to have an Official Education Plan completed toward a degree at Coastline, or plan to graduate from Coastline, must mail all official college (from every college attended) and Joint Service Transcript (JST) to:

Submitting JST (Military Transcript)

According to the American Council on Education (ACE), a military transcript is a complete official record of a Servicemember's military schooling/experience. ACE credits may be evaluated and applied to an Associate degree at Coastline College.

Navy and Marine Corps

Active duty Sailors and Marines have access to and may request a copy of their Joint Service Transcript (JST) online. If you have problems logging into the My Navy Portal (MNP) website, you may complete the JST Request Form or you may contact the My Navy Portal Helpdesk toll free: 877.253.7122, Option 2 or send an email to

Army & Army National Guard

Soldiers can request a copy of their Joint Services Transcript (JST) online. For ARMY JST password reset or access issues, send an email to

Coast Guard

Coast Guardsmen can request a copy of their Joint Services Transcript (JST) online.


The Defense Manpower Documentation Center can provide Veterans with form DD 2586. The request can be made online at Defense Manpower Documentation Center.

Unofficial Transcripts and Grades

Posting of College and Military Credits

College and/or military credit is applied to a student's permanent record after an official degree plan has been completed and during the conferral process for graduation. If you have sent new official college or military transcripts that have not been posted to your Coastline transcript, please submit the Request for Degree Progress Update Form, for the new coursework to post to your record.

Foreign Transcript Policy

Students will need to obtain a detailed, official evaluation of their foreign credits from one of the evaluations services listed on the NACES site. Although agencies charge a fee for the service, the expense is usually much less than repeating the classes at an American institution of higher education. Coastline will accept the official evaluation and will count the units and/or degree toward the student's educational program, as appropriate.

last updated 01-23-20