Unofficial Evaluation (New Students)

Before you begin your educational journey, please contact your Education Office to find out about using Tuition Assistance and other options to support your educational pursuit.

Students who have not enrolled with Coastline before and need assistance determining how prior college coursework, non-traditional college credit, and military training fits into a Coastline degree, an Unofficial Evaluation can be requested. This Unofficial Evaluation is free, and students do not need to be enrolled at Coastline at the time of their request.

Apply for Admission to Coastline

There is no fee to apply to Coastline College.

Military & Corporate Programs Designation

To ensure that the application is forwarded to Coastline's Extended Learning Division (Military & Corporate Programs), students must select "Military Program" from the "Extended Learning Division" box located on the Supplemental Questions (on page 8) of the online application.


Application Processing

Students that live in the following states and districts cannot take Coastline courses: Arkansas, Delaware, Minnesota, New Mexico, Oregon, Rhode Island, and Washington DC

Online Courses

Online Program

Coastline's online courses are designed to support the mobile lifestyle of our military students and their families. We have 8-week, 12-week, and 16-week courses. Each course includes a high degree of interaction with other students and faculty. For a full list of online courses, please refer to the Military Class Schedule to determine the course start dates.


Tuition & Payment

Sailors should regularly review the Navy College Program’s website for steps, responsibilities, and requirements to receive Tuition Assistance (TA). One of the required steps for requesting TA is to supply a degree plan prior to applying for Tuition Assistance. Please visit Coastline's Unofficial Evaluation Page for instructions on requesting an Unofficial Education Plan.


Tuition is $210 per Unit for 8-week online courses. To view The Shopping Sheet, Cost of Attendance, or to complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), please visit our Financial Aid page.

Apply for Tuition Assistance

Please preview the Navy College website for a list of steps required for TA Authorization. One step requires that students supply a degree plan prior to applying for Tuition Assistance. Please visit Coastline's Unofficial Evaluation Page for instructions on requesting an unofficial evaluation.

Please enter Coastline's School Code: 1122A on your TA Application.

It is highly recommended you submit your WebTA application for command approval at least 30 days in advance via the My Education portal. Per NAVADMIN 219/16, all WebTA applications must be submitted and command approved no later than 14 days prior to your term start date.

Students will be notified once TA is Command Approved; another email is issued once TA is "Authorized."

Submit TA Authorization to Coastline

Personal Payment

Students paying tuition out-of-pocket or who are authorized for less than 100% of tuition must submit the remaining balance by the registration/payment deadline.

NOTE: Upon submission of any form of payment, please allow three business days for payment to be posted to your MyCoast account.

Having trouble using MyCoast to register or access your courses?


GI Bill® Benefits

In order to be certified to use GI Bill® Benefits, please contact Coastline's Veteran Certifying Official. Students are required to contact the Certifying Official each time a course is added or dropped.


Drop for Non-Payment

If you plan to use Military Tuition Assistance (TA) to pay for your course, please complete the Intent to Use Tuition Assistance Form in order to be excluded from the drop for non-payment process. You have until the week prior to the start of your course to submit the TA Authorization to

Federal Financial Aid - FAFSA

Federal Financial Aid is available to qualified students, and qualification is determined when an individual completes the Free Application for Federal Student Aid. Financial Aid programs include Pell Grants, Supplemental Equal Opportunity Grant (SEOG), Stafford Loans (Subsidized and Unsubsidized), and the Plus Loan.


California Residents

Service members originally from or currently stationed in California may be eligible for a discounted tuition rate of $46 per unit when enrolling in Coastline's Military Distance Learning Program. Please review the California Residents page for eligibility requirements and documentation required.

Textbooks & Course Access

Order Textbooks

Information about textbooks can be found on our Textbooks & Course Materials site.

Access Your Online Course

To access your course(es), click the Canvas link in your MyCoast Portal or on our website. Use your MyCoast username and password to login. Coastline offers a video tutorial for more information about getting started in Canvas. To learn more about Canvas, you can explore the Canvas Student Guide.

Having trouble using MyCoast to register or access your courses?

Official Education Plan

Coastline requires all students to have an Official Education Plan upon completion of 6 units/credits at Coastline or 9 semester hours paid by Government-issued Tuition Assistance. The Official Education Plan guarantees a solid path to your Coastline degree. It reflects how your military and college credit applies towards your degree and displays your remaining requirements.

To request your Official Education Plan:

You will develop your degree plan with your counselor.  Your DegreeWorks program audit will be emailed to you soon after the appointment.  The OEP Worksheet will be emailed to you in 2-4 weeks.

Official Education Plans will remain valid as long as a student maintains continuous enrollment, or as long as breaks in enrollment are less than 5 cumulative years.

Visit our transcripts page for detailed information on requesting or submitting official transcripts.


Associate Degrees and Certificates are not automatically awarded upon completion of requirements. It is the student’s responsibility to submit the online Graduation Application during the graduation filing period for the semester in which they are enrolled in their final course(s).


Transition Support

Are you transitioning out of the military soon?  Check out our Coastline Transition Program (CTAP) page for helpful information.

GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website,