Degree Planning

Coastline Community College adheres to policies established in the Department of Defense Memorandum of Understanding to ensure that quality academic programs are available to active-duty military students, their family, and veterans. One of the many advantages for students attending Coastline is the Official Education Plan (also known as a Degree Plan) - an evaluation of military and college credit towards a degree. This evaluation guarantees a solid path to your Coastline degree and is required before a degree will be awarded.

Official Education Plan

Coastline requires all students to have an Official Education Plan upon completion of 6 units/credits at Coastline or 9 semester hours paid by Government-issued Tuition Assistance. The Official Education Plan guarantees a solid path to your Coastline degree. It reflects how your military and college credit applies towards your degree and displays your remaining requirements.

To request your Official Education Plan:

You will develop your degree plan with your counselor.  Your DegreeWorks program audit will be emailed to you soon after the appointment.  The OEP Worksheet will be emailed to you in 2-4 weeks.

Official Education Plans will remain valid as long as a student maintains continuous enrollment, or as long as breaks in enrollment are less than 5 cumulative years.



DegreeWorks is Coastline's online academic advisement tool in MyCCC that helps you:

With the DegreeWorks "What-If" feature, you can see how your coursework fits into other available majors. If you decide to pursue another major, please submit the Degree Progress Update/Major Change Form, and select "I would like a different major". Please allow 6 - 8 weeks for your major to be updated in DegreeWorks.

When your Official Education Plan is created, your DegreeWorks degree audit is complete and ready for use.

You can view instructions on how to access the DegreeWorks Degree Audit system here.


Transfer Planning

Official Education Plans are prepared using Coastline's Option 1 General Education requirements. This option is designed for students pursuing a degree and who may not be planning to transfer to a four-year institution. Students who plan to transfer should schedule an appointment with a Coastline counselor for guidance in preparing an education plan.


Requesting Updates and Major Changes

When you register for a new course, DegreeWorks automatically updates your degree audit, so you will always know what requirements you have fulfilled.

If you wish to change your major or have additional coursework applied to your official record from new and/or updated official transcript(s), please contact the counseling department by emailing or by calling 714-241-6162 to schedule an appointment.  Please include your name, student ID, program or military status, Branch of service, major, as well as the days and times that work best for you.


Note: Major change requests may affect your eligibility for tuition assistance or financial aid. Please speak with your education office or Coastline's Financial Aid department for more information.