Unofficial Evaluation (New Students)

Students who have not enrolled with Coastline before and need assistance determining how prior college coursework, non-traditional college credit, and military training fits into a Coastline degree, an Unofficial Evaluation can be requested. This Unofficial Evaluation is free, and students do not need to be enrolled at Coastline at the time of their request.

Note: Unofficial Evaluations are valid for six months.

Apply and Register - GoArmyEd

Create a GoArmy Ed Account (New Students)

  1. Go to GoArmyEd.
  2. Select "Create/Activate Account" for student and complete the application.
  3. Select Submit Statement of Understanding (SOU), read and print. Obtain the Commander's signature and upload to eFile.
  4. Complete the Common Application.
  5. Select "Launch Quick Start Training".
  6. Contact an Army Education Counselor to activate your GoArmyEd account.


Online & Offline Courses

Online Program (8-week Courses)

Coastline's 8-week online courses are designed to support the mobile lifestyle of working adult learners. Each course includes a high degree of interactional with the instructor and students. For a full list of online courses, please view the list and course start dates.

Offline Program: 12-week Courses

Education Offline...At Your Pace is a great option for students facing inconsistent Internet connectivity due to location or security restrictions. Education Offline allows students to continue pursuing their educational goals when online courses are not an option.Education Offline...At Your Pace is a consolidation of NCPACE-DL, Coast Guard Afloat, and PocketEd. This program is now open to all military personnel, veterans, and family members. Visit the Education Offline page for complete details.

Note: Soldiers must register for offline courses via the GoArmyEd Portal.

Your Application & VIA

Your Application & VIA (New Students)

VIA is an online decision-support tool developed by Headquarters, Army Continuing Education System (HQ-ACES), to help a soldier find the best civilian career path suited to his or her current experience and future goals. All Soldiers eligible for TA will need to use VIA to select a career goal, degree plan, and home school before using TA benefits for the first time. Select the "Request TA Access" button in GoArmyEd.


Register for Courses

Register for Classes

Soldiers select from one of the following options to register in GAE: Option 1: Continuing students can easily enroll by selecting their desired courses from their existing Course Planner (if applicable). Option 2: If you meet one of the following criteria, then you do not need to enroll through the Course Planner smart link: Your chosen degree does not require a Course Planner ("Course Planner" link will not appear) You have completed fewer than 6 units with Coastline or 9 units elsewhere.

To enroll without a Course Planner:

  1. Log in to GoArmyEd
  2. Select "Request TA" Smart Link
  3. Enter "Coastline College-Online" or "Coastline Community College-Online" as the school and the GoArmyEd Class Number.
  4. Follow the system prompts.

For further assistance with registration, please e-mail

Tuition & Payment


Tuition is $210 per unit for 8-week and 12-week offline courses. Our Financial Aid page includes The Shopping Sheet, Cost of Attendance, Scholarship information, and directions for submitting a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).

For branch-specific Tuition Assistance (TA) information, please visit the appropriate link below:

Personal Payment

Students paying tuition out-of-pocket or who are authorized for less than 100% of tuition must submit the remaining balance by the registration/payment deadline.

NOTE: Upon submission of any form of payment, please allow three business days for payment to be posted to your MyCCC account.

Having trouble using MyCCC to register or access your courses?

GI Bill® Benefits

In order to be certified to use GI Bill® Benefits, please contact Coastline's Veteran Certifying Official. Student Veterans are required to contact the Certifying Official each time they add or drop a course.

Drop for Non-Payment

Students will be dropped from courses if payment is not received by the posted deadlines.

Army Tuition Assistance

Select the "Request TA Access" button in GoArmyEd.

If you selected "Self Pay" in GoArmyEd, you are responsible for submitting payment directly to Coastline by the posted deadline (see Academic Calendar). Please allow 3-4 business days for your enrollment to be processed with Coastline before submitting payment


Federal Financial Aid - FAFSA

Federal Financial Aid is available to qualified students, and qualification is determined when an individual completes the Free Application for Federal Student Aid. Financial Aid programs include Pell Grants, Supplemental Equal Opportunity Grant (SEOG), Stafford Loans (Subsidized and Unsubsidized), and the Plus Loan.


Scholarships are made available through generous donations from Coastline College's Foundation, Associated Student Government (ASG), faculty, staff, community organizations, and private donors. Scholarships are awarded to applicants on a variety of factors, such as academic achievement, financial need, community involvement, volunteerism, program major and more.

Unlike some other forms of financial aid, scholarships do not have to be repaid. However, unless otherwise stipulated, recipients are required to submit formal thank you letters to the scholarship donors. ELD students are exempt from the requirement to attend the Scholarship Awards Ceremony.

California Residents

Service members originally from or currently stationed in California may be eligible for a discounted tuition rate of $46 per unit when enrolling in Coastline's Military Distance Learning Program. Please review the California Residents page for eligibility requirements and documentation required.

Please review the California Resident page for eligibility requirements and required documentation.

Textbooks & Course Access

Order Textbooks

Information about textbooks can be found on our Textbooks & Course Materials site.

Access Your Online Course

To access your course(es), click the Canvas link in your MyCCC Portal or on our website. Use your MyCCC username and password to login. Coastline offers a video tutorial for more information about getting started in Canvas. To learn more about Canvas, you can explore the Canvas Student Guide.

Having trouble using MyCCC to register or access your courses?

Official Education Plan

Coastline requires all students to have an Official Education Plan upon completion of 6 units/credits at Coastline or 9 semester hours paid by Government-issued Tuition Assistance. The Official Education Plan guarantees a solid path to your Coastline degree. It reflects how your military and college credit applies towards your degree and displays your remaining requirements.

To request your Official Education Plan:

Soldiers: If you see a "Student Agreement Hold" on your GoArmyEd Account, this indicates that you need to create and submit your Course Planner to finalize your Student Agreement.

Course Planner in GAE

If you have selected one of the following majors in GAE, you will not be required to create a Course Planner:

If you have select a major that is not listed above, after receiving your Unofficial Evaluation, you will need to create and submit a Course Planner through the GoArmyEd portal. Your Course Planner will need to be reviewed and approved before you can register for any additional courses. Only courses listed on your Course Planner will be approved for TA. Your Course Planner does not need to have all courses listed, but it should reflect 50% of the remaining units needed to graduate. For assistance with building your Course Planner, please visit the GoArmyEd home page for directions and tutorials. If you need assistance uploading your Official Education Plan to your Course Planner, please contact or visit your local Army Education Office or email



Associate Degrees and Certificates are not automatically awarded upon completion of requirements. It is the student's responsibility to submit the online Graduation Application during the appropriate graduation filing period. Visit our graduation page for detailed information on how to apply.

GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website,